- MBA Mortgage Applications (Released 7:00 EST)
- MBA Purchasing Applications (Released 7:00 EST)
- MBA Refinancing Applications (Released 7:00 EST)
- Initial Jobless Claims (Released 8:30 EST)
- Continuing Claims (Released 8:30 EST)
- Jobless Claims ALLX (Released 8:30 EST)
- NAPM Milwaukee (Released 10:00 EST)
- The conference board survey of labor conditions (jobs plentiful less jobs hard to get) has been a good leading indicator of payrolls and worsened in December from -28.4 to -35.8.
- The ABC survey also worsened last week despite the further decline in gas prices, suggesting the labor market continues to deteriorate.
MBA Mortgage Applications (Dec 26)
MBA Purchasing Applications (Dec 26)
MBA Refinancing Applications (Dec 26)
Initial Jobless Claims (Dec 27)
- Initial claims fall 94k to 492k but Labor Dept states data probably skewed by holidays and auto shutdowns
Continuing Claims (Dec 20)
- Continuing claims, reported with a 1 week lag to initial claims, rose 140k to a new cycle high of 4506k.
Jobless Claims ALLX (Dec 27)
- Would expect payroll decline for December to be larger than last month’s 533k drop (market expects slight improvement to -475k).
NAPM Milwaukee (Dec)