- Initial Jobless Claims (Released 8:30 EST)
- Continuing Jobless Claims (Released 8:30 EST)
- Jobless Claims ALLX (Released 8:30 EST)
- Philadelphia Fed (Released 10:00 EST)
- Philadelphia Fed TABLE (Released 10:00 EST)
- Philadelphia Fed TABLE 2 (Released 10:00 EST)
- Leading Indicators (Released 10:00 EST)
- Leading Indicators ALLX (Released 10:00 EST)
Initial Jobless Claims (Sep 13)
Staying at the top of the new range since the extended benefit package went into force. And might be a touch high due to the hurricane.
Continuing Jobless Claims (Sep 6)
Down a bit and better than expected but still on the high side.
Jobless Claims ALLX (Sep 13)
Philadelphia Fed (Sep)
Back to positive territory with an upside surprise.
Philadelphia Fed TABLE (Sep)
Philadelphia Fed TABLE 2 (Sep)
Leading Indicators (Aug)
Leading indicators down more than expected. This is largely a financial conditions indicator.
Leading Indicators ALLX (Aug)
- Initial claims rise 10k to new cycle of 455k but DOL states Gustav-related claims helped boost weekly rise.
- 4wk avg rises to 445k from 440k.
- Continuing claims fall 55k to 3478k, partially reversing prior weeks large 129k increase.
- 4wk average of continuing rises from 3431k to 3461k.
- Even if initial claims would have been lower ex-Gustav, recent trends in both IJC and CC reflect a faster pace of labor market deterioration.
- Next month’s payrolls likely to be down more than 100k.
- Activity index rises from -12.7 to 3.8.
- Prices paid drop from 57.5 to 31.5.
- Orders and shipments rise 17.5 and 5.9pts, respectively, both into modest positive position.
- Employment component basically unch at -0.9.