ISM was the big number – not a lot of new US numbers today.
Unch; but employment component down 4.2pts to below 50 and anecdotes not very comforting
and prices paid up, see below.
What Respondents are Saying..
- “Continued concerns regarding high oil prices, weak dollar and weak housing sector.” (Chemical Products)
- “Erratic market causing more difficulty in forecasting customer demand.” (Computer & Electronic Products)
- “Heavy truck market has not started recovering yet.” (Fabricated Metal Products)
- “Business is off by almost 50 percent over last year in the building products industry.” (Nonmetallic Mineral Products)
- “More inquiries from international customers than domestic.” (Machinery)
The building products industry has been down for quite a while and exports are picking up the slack.
ISM Manufacturing (Nov)
ISM Prices Paid (Nov)